To the very kind people who passed on a Liebster award to me twice in one day this week (!) I want to pass on a very gracious thank you. It was delightful to receive such supportive feedback on my blog this week, so thanks to Saana and Jen for stopping by, reading a few words, and finding it interesting enough to recognise.
So, in line with tradition, I’ll answer some queries and celebrate a few of my own preferred blogs/ bloggers. Here are the guidelines (useful for future participants) – I’ll whiz through them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Some random facts:
1. I have a 15 year old cat who used to stalk me down hallways. Thankfully, he’s now a little too aged to bother.
2. One of my favourite sounds is water running over ice chips.
3. Claret ash trees are one of my favourites, I used to climb one as a child.
4. I once worked in film publicity and knew the words to the songs from Mulan.
5. My first experience with coffee was an Uni when I could only drink it with about three teaspoons of sugar. It helped with late night essays.
6. Before the end of my days I hope to stay on the Amalfi coast, as well as a few other delightful locations.
7. I wish shopping with children could be more fun.
8. I admire anyone capable of truly independent thought.
9. I hope to study philosophy one day.
10. If I were a colour it would change by the day. Today I’d be a rainbow of brights.
11. I recently discovered a capacity for defence far more assertive than I had ever imagined.
1. What is your biggest dream in life?
To write and be published.
2. Are you planning to make it happen and how?
Yes. Study and blogging. They support each other very well.
3. If you could live in any other country except the one you are from, what would it be?
I love it here, but I do like the idea of Europe, and maybe just one Canadian winter.
4. If you became a millionaire, what would be the first thing you bought/invest in?
A decent home with an inside laundry. Oh yes, people, an INSIDE LAUNDRY. Has a nice ring to it…
5. What is the most embarrassing moment of your life this far?
There are no doubt many – but nothing coming to mind!
6. What is your favourite sport (to do, not to watch)?
Swimming – it can be mesmerising and soothing. As well as exhausting.
7. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever heard/read of?
Usually anything that’s true! Strangely, natural world facts are usually the most odd.
8. What is the biggest reason why you decided to accept this challenge?
It’s nice to meet more people with similar interests.
9. What would be your dream job?
10. What is the scariest thing that has ever occurred to you?
Anything from a nightmare. Fortunately my daily thoughts are fairly positive.
11. What would you do if you found a brand new iPhone 6 on the street that someone has lost?
Check the image and see if I could find out who it belonged to before returning it. If I lost a phone I’d hope someone would do the same!
So, I’d love to nominate the following, and ask them some questions too:
1. What is your favourite place to holiday?
2. What do you dream to achieve in life?
3. Do you speak any other languages, if so, what?
4. If you became a millionaire, what would you do first?
5. If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be and why?
6. What’s your favourite sound?
7. Who would be at your dream dinner table (4 guests)?
8. Why do you like to blog?
9. What’s your dream job?
10. What will you do next today?
11. What’s your most happy memory?